The Olaf Timewaster

It's all explained in my 9/22/04 post...

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 11, 2007

758!

At the beginning of the season I was hoping to get a chance to see a record-breaking homerun this season. It turns out I did, only not the one I originally thought of. Every HR Barry hits from here on out is a record breaking one, so last night’s trip to AT&T afforded me the opportunity to witness history in the making. I know everyone has their opinions on Barry and “the record” but you can’t deny that the man knows how to hit a baseball.

You can feel it when he’s at the plate and see it in the pitcher’s eyes. No matter what the count is, the mound is never ahead when Barry’s at the plate. It seems like he takes pitchers to a full count just for fun. He learns from a pitcher the more times he’s up to bat. There was no doubt about HR 758…We were in a suite right above & behind home plate so we weren’t close enough to see everything, but the TVs all around the place give you a good idea. Looking down at the diamond I could just tell that he was about to hit another and it happened. The place went nuts. The frenzy for the ball was manic again. Barry trotted around the bases and tipped his cap to the crowd as usual. Another great hit.

But the Giants as a team are another story. Going down the tubes like a kid on the Coke slide…. They had a 4-run lead at the top of the 8th and managed to give up 6 runs that inning while turnstyling through 5 pitchers. There were chances in the bottom of the 8th and 9th but managed to turn a 6-2 into an 8-7 lost to the Pirates. Two teams battling for last place. What a joke.

The park is still a nice place to go, though. My camera batteries were dead and the charger nowhere to be found, so I didn’t get any photos/footage of the evening. Instead here is my trip from June…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi--- don't know if you still use this blog or not, but through random internet surfing I ended up here and I wanted to ask you a question. I'm trying to figure out if Honeythorn Gump inspired the name of Forrest Gump--- any info on that at all?

Please get back to me at dawnsassasin@aol.com! Thanks!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home